Job Role: WriterPosted by Jobs June 9, 2019 in
We are seeking writers for the Esports Wales website. This is someone who is enthusiastic about gaming, knowledgeable about tournaments and has a passion for esports. This role will work with the rest of the creative team to create the content possible for our community.
Our ideal candidate would be passionate for writing about gaming and have a deep understanding of the game/tournament/topic. Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Submit work to editor for input and approval
- Prepare well-structured drafts using our website CMS system
- Proofread and edit posts before publication
- Coordinate with the graphics designer to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Portfolio of published articles
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English or Welsh
- Experienced with a CMS (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
Nice to Have
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Previous articles on welsh esports or welsh gaming
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene.
Please apply using the link here.